9/24/11

BaTtErEd AnD bRuIsEd

Laying on the bed, deep in thought about what to write, my mind wandered and then it hit me – it wasn’t so far from my reach, I exhale and then I screamed “EUREKA!” Finally, it had come to me; I was going to revisit the issue of sexual abuse, you can never get enough of this topic, it is everywhere, staring us right in the face and looming over our heads. My thoughts were inundated with this, and I couldn’t shake the ugly feeling that if I didn’t talk this through, something terrible might happen. Of course you are thinking here we go again, another person is at it, blaming everyone and no one… well, what can I say but I do not follow the sect that do that, in fact, I love to indulge in the unfamiliar; instead of pointing accusing fingers, I’m here to stand up for the accused not that I am condoning their behavior ‘au contraire’ but then a little soul searching might help. It is so easy to blame the offender in this case, and in most cases, men are said to be at the receiving end even when a woman is the offender. I find it hard to believe that blaming people is that easy. Often times, the man is proven guilty even while innocent because no matter how much he is favored by the judge or members of the jury that ruled on the case; he would still wear the cloak of shame because outsiders would not let him be. It takes two to tango, well so goes the saying, it is a very hard nut to crack that this clause is in use and one party still gets all the blame. Have you ever taken the time to imagine the tango? When two lovers are involved in the most exotic and sensual of dances that are available to mankind’ they become grossly involved that the whole world is filtered and relegated to the background. It’s like no one exists. So next time you say those words just try to imagine what it is like. I’m sure a lot of people would hate me right now, well so much for truthfulness. I am in no way in sync with the perverts or sociopaths but for those that brought this dastardly act upon themselves, I can only say you got what you ask. I am on the side of people who have been blamed regardless of being faultless, I do not seek to gratify their act but I question why they are the only ones in the blame game and under scrutiny. Be it whether it is a case of straight versus straight or gay; or vice versa, there is no smoke without fire. You want to tease a man or a woman; well, go ahead but be ready for the consequences. Be ready for the danger that lurks ahead. Why would you start what you can’t finish or indulge in something that will result in pain. You don’t have an idea of who this person is, and you decide to tease him or her? Gosh, what the heck is wrong with the world? It will get to a time that because a lot of people get what they deserve in this assault cases that there would be none to rule over. It would just be another day in court and not justice being served. “Thou shalt not tempt”, that is the 1st commandment of assault cases, in no wise should we aggravate or instigate someone to act in beastly manners. It starts from little things like not sitting properly or wearing the most provocative of all dresses, even the fragrance you wear that tends to be too much, yes that… it is an instigator of something lethal.
So what do we say to ourselves, are we justified? Are we really? We want to look good but must we sell our bodies for that purpose? Must we be bruised and battered to be able to gain freedom? A lot is at stake here, and we are daily blaming ourselves because no matter who the defaulting party is, we will never remain the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment