10/4/11

The Significant Other

Hi, I'm back again and just like everyone knows I bring my controversies with me. Contrary to your belief, the significant other I mean here is not the 'cliched' spouse of a person, I am talking of the mistress or master that is involved in the affair. Well, it is without dispute that these sect are outcast and the only thing applicable to them is civility when their affairs burst out in the open. I am of the opinion then that reasons surrounding their choices to be mistresses is valid in their own eyes, I do not as always condemn because I can relate to how they feel, and how they might think. Have you ever wondered what happened? why they just woke up one day and decided to change their minds after possibly taking an oath never to date an 'owned' man. Well, I have and I have been able to understand it because I have found myself in this position where I have been tempted to just sleep with a married person and get away with it, not because I wanted to feel the thrill but because I didn't see a future in it. Of course you are wondering if that even makes sense at all, of course it does, look at it, for most of these mistresses; their lives have been one that has been filled with pain and pain to them is like a drug they can't do without. So they see a person that's attached and the first thing they think is pain,pleasure plus no future... stupid uhn, I think not! The judgement that is passed down to these people is in itself degrading, their lives are shattered and they are ear-marked for life. It reminds me of the story of the scarlet thread where the man is forgiven and the woman is made to live like an outcast in her village to the day of her death, isn't that just terrible? why have the instigators never been punished, most times they end up getting a stern 'don't do it again' and that's all it takes from their partners. To me, the significant other is not just the wife or the husband but the one who is left with a stigma in all these. They will feel stupid, why won't they, their self esteem will be dragged in the mud, and they will feel so hopeless that they cause pain but I think they know that this is how it was meant to be it right from the start, so their life is shelfed and then they feel caged to a particular thinking that they want to break free from but can't without help; they end up being battered and bruised and grossly inconvenienced knowing with every ounce of their being that their security is in danger but still they continue, hoping that with each pain they feel or know, another person is being inflicted with worse. So, yes, they are the significant other, the very thought of them is a threat to the legitimate partner, a scandal to their lover and disappointment to all those that are fatally involved with them and pulled into their circle. They move stealthily because they cannot dare to be open, they live shaded lives... so in my own opinion, they don't need to be blamed further or made to think that their lives are seemingly worthless. they have enough on their plates than to be constantly barraged with cruelty. There, you have it, what to do with these information now is what counts; it hurts all round; both the bruised, the injured and the instigator is scarred for life but these air marked consequences that damage the personality of everyone involved is without doubt the only solace that the mistress seeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment