11/17/10

Closure

I could never understand the circumstances that surround my being
Most times you just want to give it all up, hoping, praying for a miracle
In an air-tight closure, I gasp for air
It all feels so surreal, the way it seems to be crumbling beneath me
What, I ask myself is the essence of it all
The essence of goodness, for making experiences worthwhile
My life is surrounded by the abyss of it all
A life so indescribable, it hurts to think about
I thought I could glory in the presence of the clandestine that so easily plagues me
Resolving to mark a better path, my life's un-seeming circumstance
Ingrained with the injustice of guilt and hopelessness, thriving to be much better than I really am
Two forces deeply burden my heart and I wish it could be assuaged of this guilt
The sin that so easily besets us
I thought I could love enough to conquer them, but love disparagingly never gave way for me
To yield to another is to abandon self with the promise of redemption
Trapped in the dungeon of my being, I could never find a way of escape
The despair of my inner child uncharacteristically troubled by the absence of serenity
Tears well up in my eyes, and I can't seem to shake off the heaviness
The serenade of lost dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment